You invested your time and money into a brand-new online video training about blogging. The majority of the reviews you have read about this course have been positive and encouraging.
You are happy about your purchase, and you are excited to learn what the course can offer you.
The One Huge Problem with Online Video Training
I have been blogging since 2010, and during this time, the volume of online video training has increased dramatically. In the beginning, eBooks were a common way to deliver education, but nowadays, pretty much every training product I have purchased uses video in some form.
When you think of it, the video content is good news for those who learn best using video. You can start a clip and let the lecture sink into your brain.
Although I love watching videos, there is one big issue with this type of content. And to be honest, this issue is pretty annoying.
Here is the deal: unless you have a very sharp memory (unlike me), you might have trouble remembering (like me) something important that the instructor taught in a particular video.
I could barely recall that a particular topic was covered in one of the videos I just watched, but in which video and which exact spot? Well, that goes outside the boundaries of my memory.
So what happens next is that I have to go through several videos to find out what I was looking for.
Here is how I fix this issue.
4-Step Process That Fixes the Online Video Training Problem
It would be nice if the trainer created a checklist of all the essential items you should be aware of. Unfortunately, this is not always the case.
Instead, what you can do is use this 4-step process that will save your time and nerves later on.
Yes, I admit, it takes more time to go through the training with this process. Then again, it might take even more time to go through a bunch of videos to find the piece of information you were looking for.
Anyway, here is the process in its simplicity:
1. Take notes. This step is the cornerstone of this simple system. In other words, make sure to jot down every piece of key information when watching the video that you might need later on. If necessary, write down the name of the video, too. This way, you know which video you learned this golden nugget from.
2. Mark the time. Once you have taken notes, mark the minute/second mark next to it. This way, you know where to look in the video if you have to go back to the lecture.
3. Make action points. When was the last time you went through training, and you didn’t have to take any action on those lessons afterward? Yes, I know it; you haven’t.
Going through the training (like watching videos or reading an eBook) is not enough. To get a return on your investment, you have to take action on the stuff you have learned.
As you go through the lessons, make sure to write down the action steps that you need to do to put things into practice. This way, you can only get the results that the sales letter promised you.
4. Figure out what to outsource. When you go through a training course, it doesn’t mean that you have to implement all the action steps yourself. Instead, there could be specific steps that you could easily outsource for someone else.
For instance, if you are learning about blogging, you could let someone else set up the blog for you. Or, if you are creating videos, perhaps there is someone who could edit your videos?
If you are wondering what the notes would look like after implementing this simple system, take a look at this example:
My Online Course (Name of the training)
Video #1 (Name of the video)
- Note #1 (hh:mm:ss) (Note and a time spot on a video)
- Note #2 (hh:mm:ss)
- Note #3 (hh:mm:ss)
- Note #1 (hh:mm:ss)
- Note #2 (hh:mm:ss)
- Note #3 (hh:mm:ss)
- Do this
- Do that
- Do ...
Online Video Training: The Conclusion
With minimal effort, you can make your online video training experience more productive. All you have to do is implement the 4-step process that I showed you.
But now it’s your turn: how do you make your training experience more productive? Please share your thoughts in the comments area.
Latest posts by Timo (see all)
- OnlineBuilderGuy.com Is Now FreelanceWriterWebsite.com! - December 3, 2019
- Online Video Training Sucks: 4-Step Process That Fixes The Big Problem - November 13, 2019
- Gutenberg Blocks Plugins: 9 Ways to Expand Your Default WordPress Blocks - October 25, 2019